Do you have questions about Dragonvale? Before you send an email to the developers, check out this Dragonvale FAQ page. We have collected information on the common issues raised by Dragonvale players. See all the FAQs below.
1. My Dragonvale game doesn’t load properly. What do I do?
If the game gets stuck on the loading screen, gives you an internal error message, or becomes frozen (and slowly running), you can use power cycling. Power cycling can be done through the following procedures:
- Press and hold the power button (found on top of your iDevice) until you see a prompt that says” Slide to power off.”
- Turn off the device by sliding the toggle to the right.
- After shutting off the device, wait for about 10 seconds to reopen your device.
If you want to see a step-by-step instruction video, please visit this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUWZhAMslg
If the problem still persists, you can uninstall and reinstall the Dragonvale app. Please carefully follow these procedures:
- Press and hold the Dragonvale icon. You’ll see it wiggle and then an X mark at the top left side will appear. Tap on the X mark. This will back up all you Game Center data on the server of Backflip Studios.
- Log out of GameCenter and then sign in again (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4314).
- Go to the App Store to reinstall Dragonvale.
- After installation, do the power cycle (the procedure above).
2. If I uninstall Dragonvale, will I be starting from scratch?
No. All you game data is stored in the server of Backflip Studios. All the components are saved including dragons, treasure, decorations and other in-game items.
3. Is it possible to access my game on a different device?
Yes. Your game data is stored on the server. All you need to do is to log in with your Game Center to continue where you left off.
4. I get either of these error messages: Connection Error and Session Timed Out. What do they mean?
When you get disconnected to the internet while you’re playing the game, these error messages will show up. Remember that his game requires internet connection. If you have problems related to your internet connection, please contact your internet service provider or wireless provider.
5. How do I add Dragonvale friends?
There are two methods of adding friends. One is through Facebook and the other method is through Game Center.
Below are the steps on how to add friends through Facebook:
1. On the Social screen of the game, click on tap Friends.
2. Tap the Facebook login button.
3. Allow Dragonvale to access your profile.
4. After you allow the access, tap on Friends to see a list of Facebook friends who connected their Dragonvale game to Facebook. You can now start adding friends.
6. I cannot see some of the friends I added. How do I fix this problem?
This is a bug. The developers are still trying to fix it. As a temporary solution, you can force quit your Dragonvale app. If this method doesn’t work, you can follow these steps:
1. Uninstall Dragonvale.
2. Log out your Game Center account.
3. Log in to your Game Center account.
4. Reinstall Dragonvale.
5. Restart your iDevice.
7. How come I can’t purchase new habitats?
This happens when you’ve purchased the maximum number of habitats allowed in your current level. Check your habitat quota. This can be found in the bottom left corner of the Habitats section in the Market. The habitat quota is formatted this way: 14/14 (your present number of habitat/habitat quota). Level up your park in order to increase your habitat quota.
8. How does the gem gifting feature work in this app?
Three gems can be given to 3 friends. Each of them will receive one gem from you. This can be done every 24 hours. If you want to increase the number of gems you can give, you can buy the Dragonsai Gifting Tree from the Market. This will allow you to give out 6 gems every 24 hours.
9. I’d like to have the limited edition dragons released during holidays and special events. Is there a way of getting them?
Unfortunately, you can no longer have them once the event or holiday is over. You can only hope that the limited edition dragon returns next year. This also applies to limited edition items.
10. How come I don’t see an increase in my Park Value Score even if I’m improving my park?
Your Game Center Score shows your highest score in Dragonvale. You don’t see an increase because you have not beaten your highest score. You need to exceed the highest score in the Game Center for it to increase.
11. How come I no longer get additional XP?
A large amount of XP is needed for you to see the additional XP. Once you’re at level 25, it’s harder to get additional XP.
12. How come my dragons are stuck in the Breeding Cave? I don’t see an incubation button or a progress bar. What do I do about it?
This is another bug in the game and the developers are still fixing this problem. You can directly send them an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell them about the issue. Don’t forget to include your Game Center nickname.
Your friends may have issues answered by this Dragonvale FAQ page. You can recommend this post so that they’ll know how to solve the issues in Dragonvale. Do you have other issues that you solved yourself? Please share it to us by posting a comment below.