Dragonvale’s first ever mini-game is finally here! Backflip Studios indeed deserves props for creating an amazing addition to our favorite mobile game—the Dragonvale Races. If you don’t see this feature in your Dragonvale app, it’s time to update to the latest version. After the update, it’s time to let your dragons hit the race track.
Before you can participate in the Dragonvale Races, you need to purchase and build the Dragon Track. This can be done if you’re at level 15. The build time of the Dragon Track is 4 hours. You can participate in multiple Dragon Races in a single day. However, you need to pay a participation fee of 50,000 Dragonvale cash each time you enter the race.
Here are the steps on how to play the race:
- Tap on the Dragon Track. On the bottom of the screen, tap Races. Make sure you have enough Dragonvale Cash for the race.
- Select a participant from your dragons.
- Tap on Race.
- Wait for it to load. Afterwards, wait for the race to start.
- Once the race begins, you’ll see a short vertical line ahead of your participating dragon. When this line overlaps the longer line, tap your screen to get ahead of the race. The game will rate your timing with remarks such as Great, Perfect, etc.
- You are only entitled a prize when you place first, second or third. After winning a race, there’s a Wheel of Fortune-like mini-game. Spin the wheel and pray for a wonderful prize. There is also a chance of winning a bonus prize.
You can select any dragon to participate in the race. However, you’ll get more chances of winning if you select a dragon that matches the element of the race track. Below are the recommendations:
- Brass Dragon
- Forge Dragon
Cherry Road – Sakura Dragon
- Mine Dragon
- Steel Dragon
- Butterfly Dragon
- Sonic Dragon
- Seaweed Dragon
- Swamp Dragon
Rime or Reason – Snow Dragon
- Crystal Dragon
- Quake Dragon
- Sakura Dragon
- Tree Dragon
- Moss Dragon
- Clover Dragon
Year of the Dragon – Panlong Dragon
Rewards of the Dragon Races:
- Gold wheel – Gems (one or two), thousands, hundred thousand and millions of Treats, Dragonvale Cash and Experience can possibly be won
- Silver wheel – ten thousand Treats, Dragonvale Cash and Experience can possibly be won
- Bronze wheel – thousands of Treats, Dragonvale Cash and Experience can possibly be won
As of now, this feature is still unstable. There are times when the app crashes while you’re in a race. In a way, you’re risking your 50,000 Dragonvale Cash. If you’re not too willing to risk money, then it’s not a very good idea to always participate in Dragonvale Races.
We can’t wait to hear your experiences about Dragonvale Races. Share your stories by posting a comment below. Do you have suggestions for this blog? You can post them too.